Monday, October 27, 2008

Tagging


I've been tagged by my friend Jenni and I'm supposed to say 7 random things about me. So here it goes:

1. I'm a blog stalker, okay? I just admitted it. I read people's blogs who I don't even know that well. For some reason people are just super interesting. It's one thing to be up-to-date on the lives of friends you see periodically but quite another to know all about their friends, too. So, chances are if your blog is linked to on one of my friend's blogs, I've taken a peek (or three!) at your life. I really should start commenting. If you're stalking me, feel free to leave a comment! I'm probably stalking you too!

2. I've gotten kicked out of Disneyland. Apparently they don't appreciate you wearing your own costumes there.

3. When Kurt and I got back from living in London we watched the Nickelodeon cartoon Kipper whenever it was on... it's super babyish but the two dogs on there speak with British accents and we craved hearing not only the accent but the "funny" words too. (Did you know they call a flashlight a torch?) The other night I happened to flip through the Sprout channel (never heard of it til then!) and Kipper was on. Of course I stopped and we watched it... Liv thought it was pretty cool. :)

4. Kurt gets me a glass of water every night before we go to bed. He's just nice like that.

5. I am a procrastinating, messy perfectionist. What?! Yes, you read that right. In my head I have grand plans of having the perfect birthday/anniversary card/gift purchased weeks in advance but I will usually get to the big day and either not have a card (which should have already been mailed!) or the card that I did buy weeks in advance has gone missing. So, I often don't do anything. Because in my sick twisted perfectionism, if I can't do it totally right, I seem to think "what's the point in doing it at all?" Hmmmm. Also, I LOVE the idea of a completely organized closet, pantry, garage, you name it. And, sometimes my perfectionistic side takes charge and I organize like crazy. At other times I am a complete failure in this department!

6. I don't have any cousins. Not. even. one. My mom has two brothers who never married and my dad has one brother who never married... so I also don't have any aunts. Needless to say our family gatherings and holidays were quite small and I've always longed for the big family holidays you see in movies and some of my friends actually have in real life! I keep telling Kurt we need to have at least 8 kids so we can have those wonderfully chaotic gatherings, but he's not buying that idea (& I'm not that crazy!) Fortunately, it's not just us contributing to this dream... Liv is gaining THREE cousins in 2009! Lucky little girl! We are so excited that my sister and her husband are in the process of adopting the two foster boys they've had in their home for the past 2 years! We've already had one very fun Christmas with them last year and we are looking forward to many, many more! And, we are thrilled that my brother and his wife are expecting their own little bundle next May! That makes 4 grandkids for my parents with the potential for more in the years to come!! Yay for cousins and insane family get togethers!

7. I LOVE decorating for Christmas. I've had different themes & colors for our tree - blue & silver (way back in the day!), pink, lime green, turquoise, black & gold, red, white... you name it. That being said, I have WAY too many boxes of Christmas decor. :) I also really love wrapping presents. I usually find awesome wrapping paper for Christmas at K-Mart. I don't usually like K-Mart but the Martha Stewart Christmas stuff they have is usually pretty cool & the wrapping paper is cheap! They also have great deals on cool glass ornament balls too. I'm a nerd and love to coordinate my tree with the packages underneath it. I haven't decided what I'm going to do this year... but I'm thinking about it!

So there you have it! Now I'm supposed to tag 7 more friends to do this. Don't hate me, ok? I tag: Meghan, Missy, Alissa, Erin, Jen, Cassi & Lara.

5 comments:

Eric and Meg said...

so. eric said you are funny. people have said you are pretty funny. now i know for myself you are pretty funny.
eric and i have blogs bookmarked but i admit he doesnt check them, ever. and i check, why, i dont know. i'm with you. i am fascinated with people and i find it all so interesting. so i admit, i check yours! :) your daughter is beautiful btw.
and gosh, we have a lot in common, the whole flower design thing... i too have like the smallest family too- :) i like my small family.keeps it simple.
oh and eric brings me a glass of water every night too. he's nice like that, too.
i have a ton of decorations and love to theme things too, whole attic above garage-decor.
anyhow, have a good day. you made me smile today. thanks for your post.
and hey, you really should comment on the bloggers you stalk. hey, i just did :) :0)

Jon and Missy K said...

Oh great, you already tagged all my blogging friends! I'm not as popular as you! =) And I'm assuming there are no tag-backs!

Wallace said...

great...

Carrie P said...

i totally read other people's blogs...sometimes i sit down at the computer after the kids are all in bed to check email or something and i get lost in blog-paradise. i eventually look at the clock and notice its been...1 hour...of reading about people i don't know. once i was reading about this family adopting but i was like 4 blogs deep from the person i actually knew. i felt slightly creepy. its fascinating. so yes, i try and read yours every once in awhile...Liv is SO cute!! sounds like you guys are doing great. i used to think of you all the time b/c i would see your dad at UCI - i quit there a few weeks ago. anyway...just wanted to say hi and tell you i'm one of your stalkers :)
carrie prince

Zakaryans said...

hi juliana... i know you commented on one of my blogs a LONG time ago. some how i stumbled upon it today and so decided to "stalk" you a bit. then i read this post and had to laugh. i enjoyed looking at your life a bit. you look so happy. :)
-kim