Friday, January 9, 2009

Hey!

Happy New Year! We had a lovely Christmas and New Year's and are now sick. Yuck. I hate being sick. I hate when Kurt is sick and I really hate when Liv is sick. So I guess I'm full of hate right now. Hmmm... Here are some pics from the past month:

We've really been enjoying our Disneyland passes. We finally stayed for the snow after the fireworks one night. Liv LOVED that! I can't wait to take her to real snow someday!


Liv loves the carousel! I tried to fix her red-eye but I think I made her look possessed!


We had a lovely Christmas. Kurt's mom bought the cute little pram for Liv and Kurt thought it would be fun to just have it out waiting for her. When she came down Christmas morning she saw it and said "Oh WOW!!" and went running over to it! So cute!


We spent the morning together as just the three of us and it was so fun to open presents with Liv! Needless to say she was a bit more into it than last year!


Can I just take a moment here to brag about my husband? Not only is he a true man's man (he went to a shooting range just last night with some buddies!) but he can make beautiful bows! Look at this beauty that sat atop one of my presents. I know it's not a super important life skill but I love that he learned how to do that for me. I love making packages look lovely and he has perfected this so that I have beautiful packages too. Thanks, babe! :)


Later on my parents, my uncle, Michael & Pam and Gray & Heidi came over for more gifts and a delicious ham dinner. It's really nice to have a bunch of family around for Christmas! Last year my brother was in Iraq, Pam was with her family and Gray & Heidi were in North Carolina so it was good to be with all of them! We had a great meal and played games til way too late but it was really fun! Liv just adores her aunts and uncles. Here she is playing the ever-popular "Smash your face against the plastic" with Gray.


Lara & Joe's boys made a surprise entrance to the world a few days before Christmas. Xander and Jax are doing just fine and are both home now! This was taken when they were 8 days old. They are so sweet and so tiny! I can't wait til we are healthy so we can go visit them again!


Liv is really good at being a messy eater... and don't you love that haird0?


December 29 was Pam's birthday AND the long anticipated ultrasound day! They found out they are having a GIRL! Yay for baby girls! My brother was convinced it was a boy because he wanted it to wear dickies and be cool just like him. I found this little girl Dickies outfit and bought it a few weeks before the ultrasound on a hunch! We can't wait to meet this little girl in May!


Liv likes hanging out with Uncle Mike! He's really sweet with her. :)


New Years Eve started out as a mellow gathering but the guest list grew and it was such a fun group to welcome in the new year with! Kurt and I always forget to take pictures of us together so before everyone came over, we did!


Drew spent a lot of time by himself in the corner, wistfully looking out the window and wishing Leslie didn't have to work. ;)


We played Beyond Balderdash (love that game!) and some mean Boggle... Gray won, of course.


Dick Clark even stopped by... told you we had a crowd!


New Year's Day we went to Disneyland for a few hours and Liv got to meet Santa. This picture is pretty awesome! Love that we have this for her to look back on!


Liv got this little baby for Christmas and she is so sweet with her. She snuggles her and cradles her and pats her. And then when she's done, she throws her on the floor. We have some work to do before we leave her alone with a real baby!


Finally, Liv has a new trick... undressing herself. This is how she was when I went to get her after her nap yesterday. Silly girl. She thinks it's hilarious and says "Uh-oh!" over and over. I never know what each new day will bring!

I'm excited about 2009 and what is ahead. I turn 30 in a few months, big changes are coming to Hilmerson Photography, there are lots of new babies coming (no, not in this house!), and so much more. I think it's going to be a great year!

No comments: