Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cat & Dan's wedding

Wow. What a weekend. I have been doing flower stuff non-stop since Wednesday morning and I am beat. I've never had back-to-back weddings like this before and now I know that I can do it... with a number of extra helping hands!! Both weddings were really beautiful and meaningful and I was honored to be a guest at each and I think the flowers were awesome, if I do say so myself. These weddings were so different but both were visually stunning!

For Cat's wedding on Friday, the theme was tropical, beachy and lime green orchids! I had never worked with cymbidium orchids before and this was a really fun way to get acquainted with them... all 220 heads of them that we used for her wedding! Wow. The bouquets just popped in front of the bridesmaids' black dresses.

I stole this picture from Michelle's blog... thanks Michelle! Great shot!

I got to do this cool "flower girl" basket that I've wanted to do for a long time. So cute!!



Cat wanted a very dark purple bouquet with the lime green. She looked absolutely stunning and her dress was perfect for her! She is already tall and elegant and that dress just helped her rock it!


Cat & Dan's wedding was an intimate affair on the beach. I've never been to a wedding like that. It was perfect. Simple, peaceful, beautiful and meaningful. It was wonderful to see Cat walk down that aisle to the man God had prepared for her. We had prayed for Dan for many years but it wasn't until this past year that we knew his name and what he looked like.

The reception was held at The Cannery on the patio. We did three different types of centerpieces and it was so fun to have some creative license from the bride to play a bit! I've never had an opportunity to do fun tropical stuff and these turned out so cool! Thank you to Heidi, Lara & Jen for all your help! I seriously couldn't have done it without you all!

Here are the Monday Night Girls!

Cat & Dan, congratulations! I love you guys and hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing honeymoon! Thanks for letting me be part of your big day!

No comments: