Tuesday, May 6, 2008

when it rains...

Big week around here... My sister was in town for a family wedding this last weekend and was our first overnight guest in our new place. Liv loved having her auntie here and it was nice to just relax and hang out a bit! Abigail left yesterday and I am now officially in crazy mode.

We have two weddings this weekend. By we, I mean Kurt and I. He is shooting both weddings and I am doing the flowers for both. Yes, we are insane and totally nuts but we are excited! This whole wedding business gets a whole lot more complicated when you have an 8 month old to think about too! Fortunately, my wonderful friend Cassi is coming down to be Liv's nanny for the weekend so I don't have to think about bottles, diapers and all the other little things that usually make up my days!

Anyway, I'm really excited about these weddings... both brides are very special to me. One is my dear friend Catherine from my Monday Night Girls group. She is getting married Friday on the beach in Newport and we are doing lots of fun tropical, funky flowers. Her reception is going to be on the bay at The Cannery. So fun! Her wedding day is also her birthday - what a great day!! Here's Cat & her wonderful fiancé, Dan.


The wedding on Saturday is for Meghan Perstac. She was in my small group back in 1997 when I interned with the jr high group at Calvary. She and her friend Stephanie Philp teased me and Kurt all summer long that we were going to get married and all sorts of other fun jr high girl thoughts about two staffers. Little did any of us know that they were right! Of course they took credit for our union when the time came! Anyway, I am feeling super old that it is now time for Meghan to get married! She has a very creative style and her wedding flowers will be very natural and organic looking with lots of moss and dried split peas! Here's Meghan & her soon-to-be husband, Rick.



Aren't these girls just beautiful?! They are both just as beautiful on the inside and have hearts of gold. I am so excited to be a part of helping to make their wedding days beautiful too!

No comments: