Monday, June 9, 2008

Tall & skinny

I am pretty much resigned to the fact that I will never be tall and skinny. Definitely won't ever be tall and we'll see about the skinny... My daughter, however, just may be both. At least she is right now. Who would have ever guessed that Kurt and I would have a tall kid? The doctor has told me that she is tall and skinny at her last two check-ups. Let's hope this lasts so she doesn't have to know the world of too long pants & shirt sleeves & needing a step stool to reach the second shelf of her cupboards!

Unfortunately, according to this equation for genetic potential height, she doesn't have much hope!

(Dad's height - 5 inches) + Mom's height = Daughter's genetic growth potential
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj2

(5'8" - 5") + 5'3" = 5'3" = my height!
jjjjjjjjjjj2

Oh well. I hope she's enjoying it while she has it! :)

No comments: