Thursday, June 5, 2008

What is my problem?

I know I haven't blogged about our New York trip but I am working on it and it was a wonderful vacation. Right now I am trying to find a rug. When we were in New York I made a point to go to a few of the cool design stores to try to find something that would fit with our new couches... something fun, modern, different. Well, I found the PERFECT rug! We were meandering through one of my favorite sections of Soho and found a store called The Rug Company (original, I know!) We popped in and the super nice sales guy went through this huge pile of rugs with us and then we saw it.... THE rug. (It would look way better on my dark bamboo floors with my charcoal gray couches... in my opinion, of course!)


It's fun, different, modern AND it has both green and orange in it! (I've been trying to make my mind up about which one to have as my accent color downstairs.) Awesome! And, when we asked if they shipped, they told us they had a store in LA. Even more awesome! The super helpful sales guy wrote down the info for me and then I asked about the price. Ummmmm... yeah. He said it was one of their less expensive rugs because it didn't have any silk in it. Cool... I usually have a knack for picking out the most expensive thing in a store. Seriously, take me to a 99 cent store and I will probably find the one thing that is $1.50. Anyway, the price. $5700. Yeah... for a rug. Needless to say we won't be buying that rug. Not with our budget, and definitely not with a little girl who likes to spit-up.

So, I'm still looking for a rug. What do you think about these:




They are all significantly cheaper than my New York find, but I just can't make up my mind. Am I the only person out there who obsesses about a rug? Probably. If you have an opinion about the rugs, let me know!

6 comments:

Jon and Missy K said...

Oooh! I like the green swirly one!

Jen said...

I'm always drawn to black and white, and really like this one. The good thing about the b/w one is that you can incorporate either orange or green, or go back and forth and not have to buy a new rug!!

Monique said...

I'm with Missy. I like the green one too.

tim, alissa, kate, amelia said...

definitely the green and white one!

juliana said...

thanks everybody... still haven't made up my mind. I really like the green one but Jen's point about going neutral and being able to change up the colors of the room easily is one I've been thinking too... ugh.

Jen said...

Have you decided on anything yet? Just got CB2's new catalogue, and they have some sweet rugs, and some fun acrylic pieces!