Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finally!

We finally have color on our walls! I don't know why it took me so long to figure out what I wanted to do but we made some decisions and I'm pretty excited about how it all turned out!

Here's our downstairs living/dining room. That's a bright pink/fuschia on that wall and in the little niche. I was going to do green or orange but Kurt persuaded me to do pink after I bought a little sample paint and put a patch of the pink on the wall. It's fun and different and, as I always say, it's just paint! If we get tired of it, we can change it all in the course of a weekend!

The rest of the walls downstairs are a light gray which is my current favorite neutral. :) You can see the rug we got which ended up being a bit different than I expected it to be. It's growing on me but I'm not completely sold on it yet - it's a lot lighter and softer in color than I anticipated. (I guess that's what I get for buying sight unseen on overstock.com!) We still need to paint the fireplace a dark gray and get some art but it's starting to look a little more put together! Yay!

Here's our room. We did a brown gray on all the walls except the one above our bed which is a very fun green! Love it! We still have projects to do but this is coming together too.

The office is a little more of a yellowy green or pea green. I like it. I think it's soothing yet inspiring. Plus, I love the shot of orange and want to incorporate that here and there throughout the room.


This has nothing to do with paint but I wanted to show our new "yard!" We bought some fake grass to put up on our deck and I think it makes the space way more inviting. Plus, now Liv can crawl around out there which has been so fun! Don't worry, we'll have a party here pretty soon!





4 comments:

Stay-at-home mom said...

This looks amazing! I think the designers are probably going to be asking you guys for advice when they come for your prize!

juliana said...

Thanks, Erin! That was such a compliment!

Michelle said...

Your place looks so great! It looked great before the paint, but now even better! Where did you get that green lamp on your sideboard? I love it...if it goes missing, it wasn't me :)

Jon and Missy K said...

I was thinking the same as Erin, your place looks incredible! Can you come design my place?