Monday, December 3, 2007

December Top Picks

I can't believe it's December already! Here are my top picks for this first week of my favorite month!

1. A new planner - Yes, it's back to orange this year, although I did contemplate pink for a minute. For some reason I just love orange and while I do I might as well go all orange! I love these pocket planners by GLC. You can find them at most Borders bookstores.

2. Christmas music - Kurt will be the first to tell you that I have a slight obsession here. I just LOVE Christmas music and each year I try to find some new, hopefully interesting, if not good, music to add to our collection. This year I bought Sufjan Stevens collection of Christmas EPs. He has some cool takes on the traditional carols and whatnot, along with some fun originals. This is definitely not your typical Christmas album, but if you like to mix it up, I recommend this. My second purchase was an impulse buy. I've always enjoyed Ottmar Liebert and his nouveau flamenco style. He and his band, Luna Negra, mix elements of flamenco with jazz and bossa nova. When I was at Borders this weekend I saw that he has a Christmas cd out. christmas + santa fe is a cool, chill album. Great for background music!

3. Online Christmas shopping - I love getting a box from Amazon with such a random assortment of gifts inside that I would never be able to buy at just one retail store! I am doing so well on my Christmas shopping this year. I guess it does help to not be at a real job all day. My new little "job" can go shopping with me!

No comments: